Today’s to-do list: read at least one book and complete the order of my photo yearbook.
What happened instead:
- two and a half hours of emails
- some amazon.com shopping for books I will then plan to read on some other day
- breakfast with my youngest daughter
- grocery shopping
- “quick” trip to Target
- bank run
- interspersed with tears over my recently passed grandmother
- phone call with my mom
- phone call with my oldest daughter and attempts to give advice over how to deal with a future mother-in-law who is so like her own biological mother
- attempts to restrain myself from not exclaiming about how she does not realize she is describing her biological mother
- baking clearance Christmas sugar cookies
- sitting in my chair basking in the glow of feeling needed
- contemplating where in the world the day went as I realize it’s nearly dark out
Maybe tomorrow my to-do list will be to fritter away the afternoon. Maybe then I’ll have a chance to sit down and read two books. Or finish my New Year’s resolutions.